Tuesday 19 October 2010

I'm really clumsy and sometimes I forget I'm holding things


Well, I've been here just about two months now, and it's been hectic! The work load is pretty insane, seeing as I actually have to do the reading! And now that I am once more a contributing member of society (a.k.a. employed) I have to say I'm really struggling to fit in all those extra naps I need to function at any kind of above-bacterial level. I haven't updated this in such a long time so I'm going to try and remember everything I've been up to, but with the state of my memory I'm sure I'll forget something...

1) I have been to a lot of mediocre parties with some slightly-better-than-mediocre friends. I realise I haven't particularly mentioned the fact that I have made friends here (for those of you familiar with the depths of my unpopularity, you'll be pleased to see that the tally has risen slightly, although proximity could once again be a major factor). We have the bants and we sing about gum trees quite a lot, and I truly feel a citizen of the world when I realise I have friends from just about every English-speaking country. Never any foreigners though..... ewwww. JOKE. I like foreign people :)

2) For any of you who didn't notice, I accidentally became a world-famous rock star a few weeks ago. Well not really, but I did get invited to play on stage with All Time Low. I was just sat (by myself because my 'friends' abandoned me for non-existent sushi) way off from the stage and apparently All Time Low had heard us messing about and called me up in the middle of the show. Awkward, but cool none the less.

3)I went to Six Flags New England.... IT WAS AWESOME!!! I love theme parks anyway, but on the day we went the whole park was booked out for an LGBT event so there were no lines for any of the rides. We all looked very attractive by the end of the day, and although I accidentally lost people when I forgot they told me where they went, a good time was had by all. The adrenaline junkie in me was very happy, even if it did make me realise how annoying I am when I want to go on the riiiiiides... petulant child.







4) Americans generally fail at throwing parties. Really, they are just terrible. American dancing is nothing but bump 'n' grind, and I don't know if it's just me, but when I go to a party I want to dance! I want to do the Robot, the Macarena, maybe even the Mashed Potato, I don't really want to watch two people bum each other on the dance floor. No offence. The music is also terrible, nothing but generic r'n'b and Hip-Hop; we went to an 80's party, and the only 80's song they played was Culture Club......... then back to the generic r'n'b. However, regardless of the terrible party music, we always manage to have a good time! The best night has to be the Trailer Trash party held in an actual trailer; I really feel like I've been accepted into the American way of life.



5) This weekend I went on an overnight hiking trip to Mount Bear, CT. It's part of the Appalachian Trail, and although it wasn't the biggest mountain, it was pretty tough carrying all our equipment in backpacks for miles. The trail was a bit of a wildlife fail; we only saw two frogs the whole time (one of which was tiny and very cute, and the other was either drunk or dying). I also, being the elegant and graceful creature I am, managed to slide slowly and painfully down an 8ft rock face because I didn't realise my legs were too short for me to climb down. I like to think that the fact I looked a lot like a poor man's Mufasa, sliding into a stampede of.... well an empty forest path, at least lent some dignity to my suffering. My pride (LION KING PUN! HA!), however, was further dented by the fact that the people behind me decided to just walk around the rock. Good one for pointing that route out to me sooner guys...



6) My room mate is an absolute moron. Seriously, she can't even read. I handed her an article from the paper and she stared at it for five minutes before asking for the cartoons. I can't believe they put me with such a fool when I specifically requested that I share with someone who shared my love of existential philosophy and Moliere. Needless to say, I have entered a formal complaint with the residence staff, and until they resolve this unfortunate situation I will be subjecting her to a series of cruel and insensitive practical jokes which I hope will scare her into leaving. Although that would mean no more late night singalongs to Queen and Alanis Morissette. Tough decision....

LOVE YOU REALLY!


Peace out :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment